This package installs the software (Wireless LAN driver and utility) to enable the following device.
- Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter
Refer to marketing materials to find out what computer models support which devices.
If this package has been installed, updating (overwrite-installing) this package will fix problems, add new functions, or expand functions as noted below.
This program is language independent and can be used with any language system.
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 32-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 32-bit
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- (New) Added another step in Manual Install of INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS section.
- (New) Added a note to INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS section in this README.
- [Important] Added support for Windows 8.1 32-bit.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the clients connected to Mobile Hotspot-shared network became Limited.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the client went Limited with multiple clients connected to Mobile Hotspot.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the computers were unable to play video with 720P or higher when connected to the Mobile Hotspot application.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the computer might hang (with the blue screen) during restart.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the computer might hang with the blue screen when restarting the computer with Mobile Hotspot in the sharing mode
- (Fix) Fixed an issue of application usage of Mobile Hotspot after resuming normal operation from Connected Standby.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue on finding devices when using scanning function in the QuickSend application.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue of automatic disconnection when the computers were connected through QuickSend application.
Please refer to the README file in the attachment table for a complete list of changes fixed by this driver update.
- If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the software. To determine if you should update the software, refer to the Version Information section.
- The following software must be installed first before installing this software.
This section assumes to use Internet Explorer and Explorer.
- Select the underlined file name. Once this is done, some pop-up windows will appear.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the window to choose Run or Save, click the Save button.
- Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and click the Save button. A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete. Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
- Make sure to be logged on with an administrator account on the target computer.
- Locate the directory where the file was downloaded.
- Locate the file that was downloaded and double-click it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the "Select Destination Location" window, click Next. If you would like to select a different folder, click Browse.
- In the "Ready to Install" window, click Install. All the necessary files will be extracted to the folder selected in the step 10.
- Make sure the checkbox next to "Install ..... now" is checked and click Finish.
- For Win8.1 or higher installation, wait for 30 seconds for the installation GUI to show.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete installation and restart the computer.
Finally delete the file saved in Step 4.
Note: This is intended for system administrators only.
- Refer to the "Manual Update" section, and download and extract the file.
- In the step 11 of the Installing files section, uncheck the checkbox next to "Install ..... now", and then select Finish to cancel installation.
- At the command line, execute setup.exe with the /s option.
Example: [Path where the files were extracted]\setup /s
- Press the Windows logo button to display the Start screen.
- Swipe in from the bottom edge of the touchscreen to display the App bar.
- Select All apps.
- Select Control Panel.
- Select System and Security.
- Select Device Manager in the System section.
- Double-tap the System Devices category.
- Double-tap Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter.
- Select the Driver tab, then the driver version will be displayed.