The Lenovo OneKey Recovery 8.0 is software preloaded on Lenovo, idea laptops, designed to back up and restore your computer. You can use it to restore the system partition to its original status in case of a system failure. You can also create user backups for easy restoration as required. This article tells you:
Lenovo, Idea laptops
System is configured with
To utilize the features of the OneKey Recovery system, your hard disk already includes a hidden partition by default to store the system image file and the OneKey Recovery system program files. This default partition is hidden for security reasons, which explains why the available disk space is less than the stated capacity.
This image file can be used to restore the system partition. Steps are as follow:
1. You can choose a back-up location on the local hard disk drive or an external storage device.
2. Remove the removable hard disk drive before starting the Lenovo OneKey Recovery System. Otherwise, data from the removable hard disk drive might be lost.
3. The back-up process may take a while.
4. The back-up process is only available when Windows can be started normally
You can choose to restore the system partition to its original status or to a previously created back-up point. Steps are as follow:
1. The recovery process is irreversible. Make sure to back up any data you wish to save on the system partition before starting the recovery process.
2. The recovery process may take a while. So be sure to connect the AC power adapter to your computer during the recovery process.
3. The above instructions should be followed when Windows can be started normally.
If Windows cannot be started, how to start the Lenovo OneKey Recovery?
Shut down the computer. Press the Novo button. From Novo Button Menu, select System Recovery and press Enter.
Where are the recovery discs?
Your computer did not come with any recovery discs. Use the Lenovo OneKey Recovery system if you need to restore the system to its original factory status.
What can I do if the back-up process fails?
If you can start the backup but it fails during the back-up process, try the following steps:
1. Close all open programs, and then restart the back-up process.
2. Check to see if the destination media is damaged. If yes, replace the damaged media. Otherwise, select another destination path and try again.
When do I need to restore the system to its original factory status?
A: Use this feature when the operating system fails to start. If you have any critical data on the computer that you want to save, back it up before starting the recovery process.
System cannot start up- The Microsoft® Windows operating system does not start.
Use the OneKey Recovery system to restore the system partition to its original status or a previously created backup point.