|Monitor Size||21.5 inch (546 mm)|
|Optimum Resolution||1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz|
|Maximum Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Pixel pitch||0.248 mm|
|Brightness (typical)||300 cd/m2|
|Contrast ratio (typical)||1000:1|
|Viewing angle (typical)||Horizontal: 170 degrees (at 10:1 contrast ratio)|
| ||Vertical: 160 degrees (at 10:1 contrast ratio)|
|Response time (typical)||5 ms|
|Viewable area height||268.1 mm|
|Viewable area width||476.6 mm|
|Video input||VGA Analog, DVI-D Digital|
|Soundbar Attachment||Optional ThinkVision Soundbar|
|Preset display modes||24( DVI input), 25( Analog input)|
|On-Screen Display menu languages||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese|
|Tilt||-5 degrees forward|
|20 degrees backward|
|Swivel||-170 degrees to +170 degrees|
|Bezel width||16.9 mm|
|Kensington lock slot||Yes|
|VESA mount||75 mm|
|Power cord||1.8 m|
|ISO 13406 Part 2 capable||Yes|
|ISO 13406-2 Class II Pixel Defect||Yes|
|VESA DPMS power management capable||Yes|
|FCC B compliance||Yes|
|MPR-2 emission compliance||Yes|
|EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS)||Yes|
|EU Directive 2002/96/EC (WEEE)||Yes|
|Energy Star 4.1 Tier 2||Yes|
|Height||15.4 inch (391.0 mm)||17.8 inch (452 mm)|
|Width||20.2 inch (512.3 mm)||22.1 inch (562 mm)|
|Depth||7.09 inch (180.2 mm)||7.2 inch (182 mm)|
|Weight||10.80 lb (4.90 kg)||14.11 lb (6.40 kg)|
- Input voltage: 100 to 240 V ac
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption:
- Maximum: 45 watts (w/o Soundbar), 57 watts (w/ soundbar)
- Typical: 36 watts (w/o Soundbar), 48 watt(w/ Soundbar)
- VESA Standby: <1 watt
- VESA Suspend: <1 watt
- VESA Off: <0.5 watt
- Maximum earth leakage current:
- < 3.5 mA at 264 V
- < 0.25 mA at 100 V
Note: Actual power consumption depends on the chosen display mode, the images displayed, and user control settings.
|Operating||0 to 45 deg.C||10 to 80 %||0 to 8,000 ft (2,438 m)|
|Shipping||-20 to 60 deg. C||10 to 90 %||0 to 40,000 ft (12,190 m)|
|Storage||-20 to 60 deg. C||10 to 90 %||0 to 40,000 ft (12,190 m)|
Declared acoustical noise emissions LWAU = 4.5 bels or less. The noise emission level stated is the declared (upper limit) A-weighted sound power level, in bels, for a random sample of monitors. All measurements are made in accordance with ANSI S12.10 and reported in conformance with ISO/DIS 7779.
- One monitor
- Attached tilt and swivel stand
- Attached 1.8-m (5.9-ft) analog video signal cable (15-pin D to 15-pin D)
- An attached 1.8-m (5.9-ft) DVI-D video cable for L215 Wide
- A 2 pin AC adapter (Japan only)
- A Japanese proof of purchase card (Japan only)
- CD containing multilingual user's guide, setup test pattern, and .INF file
- Setup guide
- Safety and warranty information
Note: With the exception of the models for U.S., Canada, and Japan, the power cords (based on the country order code) are supplied by distribution centers.
Three years - Customer Carry-in or Mail-in using Rapid Replacement Service
- Announce date: 27 Jan 2009 (Worldwide)
- Planned availability date: Feb 2009 (Worldwide)
The display is intended to operate with system units or video adapters that generate a video output signal falling within the following specification:
|Maximum resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Optimum resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Maximum pixel rate||205 MHz(VGA), 165MHz(DVI/HDMI)|
The monitor supports VESA Standard Timings as detailed in Display Monitor Timing Specification, Version 1.0, Revision 11, in May, 2007, for the following modes:
- VGA: 640 x 480 at 60, 66, 72, and 75 Hz
- SVGA: 800 x 600 at 56, 60 Hz, 75Hz
- XGA: 1024 x 768 at 60, 70, and 75 Hz
- SXGA: 1280 x 1024 at 60 Hz, 70Hz, 75Hz
- WSXGA+: 1440 x 900 at 60 Hz, 70Hz, 75Hz
- WSXGA+: 1680 x 1050 at 60 Hz, 75Hz(VGA input)
- WUXGA: 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz
Note: National language support is a function of the video adapter in the system unit and the application or support software.
(H x V Pixels)
|Incoming video refresh rate|
|NTSC VGA||60 Hz|
|PAL VGA||50 Hz|
|640 x 350||70 Hz|
|640 x 480||60 Hz|
|800 x 600||56 Hz|
|832 x 624||75 Hz|
|1024 x 768||60 Hz|
|1152 x 864||75 Hz|
|1280 x 1024||60 Hz|
|1440 x 900||60 Hz|
|1680 x 1050||60 Hz|
|75 Hz (VGA input only)|
|1920 x 1080||60 Hz-R|
|60 Hz ** (Optimum Display Mode)|
** This is the optimum display mode for the best displayed image. Reduced image quality may result if used in other modes due to the image scaling limitations of LCD monitor technology.
- User modes: 25 (VGA Input), 24 (DVI Input)
The factory-preset modes cannot be overwritten, but can be adjusted to personal choice. The new settings are stored automatically in one of the user locations and are recalled each time that mode is used. The factory settings for the mode in use, if any, can be restored by operating the reset control.
Information about the current incoming display mode is shown in the on-screen displays. However, it is displayed at the LCD panel's optimum refresh rate of 60 Hz.
It may be necessary to make some adjustments to the displayed image to compensate for variations in video signal timings. The user controls can be used to make these adjustments.
The Lenovo L215 21.5-inch Wide Flat Panel LCD Monitor is supplied with a detachable 1.8-m (5.9-ft) analog video signal cable.
This monitor has been tested with Lenovo commercial/consumer Desktop systems and are compatible with systems and graphics adapters which comply with the relevant parts of VESA and industry standards and guidelines for computer display monitor timing Version 1.0 Revision 11, adopted May, 2007. Supported display modes and number of colors are a function of the attaching system unit. The full range of display modes, refresh rates, and number of colors available with this monitor may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, and application software. Implementation of monitor plug and play follows the VESA DDC standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software to be effective.
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
- MPR-2 (Sweden)
- ISO/DIS 13406 Part 2
- Software: Microsoft XP/Vista
- EU Directive 2002/96/EC - WEEE
- EU Directive 2002/95/EC - RoHS
UL (U.S.), IEC950 CB Report, NEMKO (Norway), CCC (China), NOM (Mexico), SASO (Saudi Arabia), GOST (Russia), PSB (Singapore), JEITA (Japan), FCC B (U.S.), IC (Canada), CE (Europe), BSMI (Taiwan), South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Jordan
- Supported display modes are a function of the attaching system unit and video subsystem. The full range of display modes available with these monitors may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, video adapter cards, and application software.
- Horizontal- and vertical-synchronization signal timings are critical in order to achieve acceptable screen images. As a consequence, support for all possible variations in H- and V-sync timings for any display mode cannot be assumed.
- Adjustment of the user controls to enlarge the image to its maximum size requires that the signal timings of the display mode being used fall within the monitor-timing specifications.
- The number of colors shown in any display mode (up to a maximum of 16.7 million) is not limited by the monitor, but depends on the capabilities of the video adapter in the system unit.
- This monitor provides FCC class B - residential installation - compliance in all display modes.
- Implementation of monitor power management follows the VESA DPMS standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor power management to be effective. The system implementation must provide user-adjustable, power-down delay periods. The monitor power management function is invoked only after appropriate signals are received from an attached system unit or video adapter.
- Implementation of monitor Plug and Play follows the VESA DDC standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor Plug and Play to be effective.
- Certain functions require the system unit to be similarly configured, so all monitor functions may not be enabled when attached to a particular system unit.
- This monitor meet the ISO 13406-2 Class II Pixel Defect standard.