This package installs an updated version of the Windows 8.1 (64-bit) device driver for the onboard Realtek Audio Codec ALC662, ALC283 that comes preinstalled in your computer.
This update requires approximately 105MB of space on your hard drive.
This package has been approved for use with the following systems:.
- All ThinkCentre M72e, Edge 72, M78, M92, M92p, M82, Edge 92 systems.
Downloading the packages
- Click the file link to download the file from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
Extracting the packages
- Click Start, then click Search, then click Files and Folders.
- Type g7aud05us17.exe in the search field, then click Find Now. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- Double-click the g7aud05us17.exe icon.
- Click Next. Read the license agreement.
- Click I accept the terms in the license agreement.
- Click Next.
- Ensure that "Save files in folder" is set to C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\AUDIO\g7aud05us17.
- Click Next. The necessary files will be extracted to your hard drive.
- Click Finish.
Installing the packages
Follow the instructions provided in the corresponding text file from the above link. It is recommended to print the installation instructions text file so that you can refer to it during the installation.