How to disable EFS (Encrypting File System)
The above symptom may occur on the following operating systems:
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
1. Input "Secpol.msc" to the search bar of "Start", press "Enter" to open "Local Security Policy".
2. Navigate to "Security Settings" --> "Public Key Policies" --> "Encrypting File System" and right-click "Encrypting File System" and select "Properties".
3. Under the tab "General", select "Don't allow" for "File encryption Using Encrypting File System (EFS):". Click "Apply" and "OK" to save the setting.
1. If you want to restore encrypting function, re-select "Allow".
2. If EFS is disabled, file or folder cannot be encrypted. The following windows will pop up if you conduct encryption.
Lenovo, Lenovo 3000, IdeaCentre and IdeaPad are trademarks of the Lenovo Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.