Hard drive installation movie
To remove the hard disk drive:
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Unlock battery latch one.
- Unlock and hold battery latch two and then slide out the battery pack.
Here is a closer look at a battery pack latch.
- Remove the hard disk drive:
- Remove the digitizer pen from its storage location.
- Remove the single locking screw.
- Open the cover slightly to gain access to the disk drive.
- Pull the drive out.
To remove the hard disk drive cover and pen latch assembly:
- Release the cover tabs from the drive posts
- Lift the assembly off.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed hard drive installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.