- To put the system into the service position, first unplug the AC cable.
- Press the buttons on the sides of the system and pivot the cover upward as shown.
- Then pivot the drive bay assembly upward to access the internal components.
- For purposes of this presentation, the cover will be removed.
- To remove the multipurpose speaker/fan/power switch/temperature sensor assembly, first disconnect the temperature sensor connector, fan connector, I/O power switch/LED assembly, and speaker connector.
- Press the two tabs as shown and lift the assembly out of the chassis.
- To remove the power switch assembly from the multipurpose assembly, press the two LED release tabs and remove the two LEDs.
- Press the tab as shown, and lift the assembly enough to push the power switch assembly through the hole in the assembly.
- Pull the cables through the hole in the assembly and lift it out.
ThinkCentre movie index
Full service video CD available from http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/