To remove a drive from media bay 1 or 2:
Place the system in the service position.
Turn off the system and all attached peripheral devices.
Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables. For easier access to components, place the system on its side. This is the recommended service position.
- Remove the side cover. Press the cover-release button on the right side cover, slide the cover to the rear and lift it off.
- Remove the bezel. Release the two latching tabs on the bottom of the bezel.
- Pull the bottom of the bezel away from the system, pull down slightly and then away from the system to remove it. Here is a closer look at a bezel release latches.
- Remove media bay 1 and 2. Disconnect the signal and power cables from the selected drive. A DVD combo drive is shown in bay one.
Note: Different devices will have different cabling requirements. If required, you can remove the EMC shield by using the finger hole to pull it out of the bay.
- Depress the drive-retaining clip to release the drive and slide the drive out through the front of the system.
- Lift the device-retaining clip from the drive and retain for future use. Use the same procedure to remove a drive from bay 2.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.