Hard disk drive installation movie
To remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off.
- Then, disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Slide battery latch number one to the unlocked position.
- While holding spring-loaded latch number two in the unlocked position, slide out the battery pack.
Here is a closer look at battery latch one.
To remove the hard disk drive:
- Remove the single locking screw,
- Open the cover slightly to gain access to the disk drive, and then pull the drive out.
- Slide the handle off the retention posts.
- Remove the cover by flexing the cover off the retention posts.
ThinkPad movie index
View detailed hard disk drive installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.