PCI Express Mini Card installation movie
To remove the Wireless WAN and LAN PCI Express Mini Cards
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Unlock battery latch one.
- Unlock and hold battery latch two, and then slide out the battery pack
Here is a closer look at a battery pack latch.
- Remove the keyboard:
- Remove the four screws from the bottom of the machine.
- Turn the ThinkPad over and open the cover.
- Press between the F8 and F9 keys toward the back of the ThinkPad. The front of the keyboard pops up.
- Lift up the keyboard.
- Disconnect the cable, and then remove the keyboard.
- Remove the upper cover:
- Turn the system over.
- Remove the six screws.
- Turn the system over and open the cover.
- Disconnect the fingerprint reader cable ZIF connector.
- Carefully separate the upper case from the base by lifting along the edges to free the latches.
- Place the cover aside.
- Remove the Wireless WAN and LAN PCI Express Mini Cards:
- Disconnect the auxiliary and main antenna cables from the WAN Card.
- Press down to release the retaining clips.
- The card will rotate up. Grasp the card and lift it out.
- Place it on an ESD protected surface.
Note: To remove the Wireless LAN PCI Express Mini Card, use the same procedure; however, two screws are used to secure the card instead of the spring latch.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.