To install the processor:
- Ensure the processor lever is in the open position.
- Position the processor over the socket using the alignment triangles as a guide, then insert it into the socket.
- Rotate the processor release lever to the closed position. Here is a closer look at the alignment triangles.
- Position the heat sink assembly over the processor and rotate the two leaf springs retention clamps to the closed position.
- Alternately tighten the two screws to prevent damage to the heat sink.
Note: If the thermal grease becomes contaminated you must remove it from the processor and heat sink, then you must replace it using grease from the thermal grease kit.
- Return the system to the operational position.
- Carefully rotate the drive bay assembly to the closed position, ensuring that the cables are properly routed in the bay to avoid damage.
- Close the top cover. Rotate the cover down until secured by the latches.