Memory installation movie
To remove the DIMM:
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Slide and hold the battery latch in the unlock position.
- Grasp the battery pack and pull it out of the system.
Here is a closer look at a battery pack latch.
- Remove the palm rest:
- Remove the four screws from the bottom of the system.
- Turn the system over.
- Open the display cover.
- Insert a probe into one side of the palm rest and pry up to release the latches on the outer edge of the palm rest, then pull up on the center to release the remaining latches along the back and sides.
- Push forward to release the latches along the front edge.
- Lift the palm rest up to gain access to the cables.
- Disconnect the finger print reader and UltraNav pad cable.
- Place the palm rest aside.
- Remove the DIMM:
- Release the locking latches, the DIMM will rotate up.
- Pull the DIMM from the system.
- Place it on the ESD protected surface.
Use the same procedure to remove the optional DIMM if required.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.