Backup battery installation movie
To remove the backup battery:
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Unlock battery latch one.
- Unlock and hold battery latch two, and then slide out the battery pack
Here is a closer look at a battery pack latch.
- Remove the keyboard:
- Remove the four screws from the bottom of the machine.
- Turn the ThinkPad over and open the cover.
- Press between the F8 and F9 keys toward the back of the ThinkPad. The front of the keyboard pops up.
- Lift up the keyboard.
- Disconnect the cable, and then remove the keyboard.
- Remove the backup battery:
- Peel the battery off the system board.
- Disconnect the cable and lift it off.
ThinkPad movie index
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.