To remove the intrusion switch:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached peripheral devices.
- Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables.
- Open the top cover. Press the cover-release buttons, one on each side, and rotate the cover up to the open position.
- Open the drive bay assembly. Grasp the assembly and rotate it to the open position.
- Remove the intrusion switch. Note that the top cover has been removed for better viewing of this assembly.
- Disconnect the cable from the system board.
- Squeeze the retaining latch on the intrusion switch to release it from the chassis and feed the switch and cable through the cutout.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.