To remove the front fan and baffle assembly:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached perpherial devices.
- Disconnect the power cords and all external signal cables. Open the top cover.
- Press the cover release buttons, one on each side and rotate the cover up to the open position.
- Remove the front bezel. Note that the top cover has been removed for better viewing of this assembly.
- Using a flat blade, probe release the three latches along the top of the bezel and lift it off.
- Open the drive bay assembly. Grasp the assemble and rotate to the open position.
- Remove the front fan and baffle assembly. Disconnect the fan power cable from the system board and free it from the cable clamp.
- Flex the baffle over the detents in the chassis and lift up and off the chassis.
- While grasping the fan on the inside, rotate the cage assembly down to gain access to the front fan retaining latches.
- Using a flat bladed probe, release the latches at the top of the air baffle.
- Open the cage and then slide the assembly up to free the locking tabs, and lift it out.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.