To remove the power button LED assembly:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached perpherial devices.
- Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables.
- Open the top cover. Press the cover release buttons, one on each side and rotate the cover up to the open position.
- Remove the bezel. Note that the top cover has been removed for better viewing of this assembly.
- Using a flat blade probe release the three latches along the top of the Bezel and lift it off.
- Open the drive bay assembly. Grasp the assembly and rotate to the open position.
- Remove the front fan baffle. Flex the baffle over the detents in the chassis and lift up and out of the chassis.
- Remove the power button and LED assembly. Disconnect the power button and LED assembly cable from the system board and free it from the cable clamp.
- Lift to release the latching tab on the power switch and LED assembly, then slide the assembly slightly toward the center of the chassis and rotate the assembly out.
- Here is a closer look at the hinge tab and latching tab on the power button and LED assembly.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.