To remove the processor:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached perpherial devices.
- Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables.
- Open the top cover.
- Press the cover release buttons, one on each side and rotate the cover up to the open position.
- Open the drive bay assembly.
- Grasp the assembly and rotate to the open position.
- Loosen the two screws on the leaf spring retention clamps.
- Alternately loosen the two screws to prevent damage to the heat sink.
- Lift the heat sink off the processor.
- Rotate the processor release lever to the open position.
- Grasp the processor by the edges and lift it out of the socket.
- Place the processor on a static protective surface.