|Front fan and baffle assembly removal movie|
To install the front fan and baffle assembly:
- Insert the tabs on the sides of the fan into the slots in the drive bay chassis, and then slide the assembly down.
- Rotate the cage closed and secure with the top latching tabs.
- Rotate the cage open and position the slots in the fan baffle over the tabs in the chassis and slide down until secured by the detents.
- Connect the fan power cable to the system board and route the cable through the cable clamp.
- Return the system to the operational position. Carefully rotate the drive bay assembly to the closed position, ensuring the cables are properly routed in the bay to avoid damage.
- Install the bezel. Using the three tabs along the top and the two tabs on the sides for alignment, position the bezel on the front of the chassis and press in on the top, until it latches in place.
- Here is a closer look at a side and top tab.
- Close the top cover. Rotate the cover down until secured by the latches.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.