Located on the front of the ThinkPad
- A single cover latch
- The IR port on selected models
- The speakers.
With the cover open you can see
- The display
- The ThinkLight.
These status indicators
- Wireless and Bluetooth for models equipped with these features. NOTE: The Bluetooth indicator is not shown on this model.
- Num lock
- Caps lock
- Drive in use
- Power on
- Battery status
- Standby status
These buttons across the top of the keyboard bezel
- Access IBM
- Power switch
- The F5 function key, which is used to toggle the wireless features on and off.
- The TrackPoint pointing stick with TrackPoint buttons. Note that three different styles of TrackPoint covers will be shipped with each machine.
Some models will have the UltraNav pointing system that includes both the full function TrackPoint along with a customized TouchPad and TouchPad buttons.
Located on the right side of the ThinkPad
- The Ultrabay Slim device bay shown with a conversion adapter for diskette drive
- Ultrabay Slim status indicator
- The Ultrabay Slim ejection handle
- The Ultrabay Slim release latch, and the
- Video port
Located on the back of the ThinkPad are these ports
Located on the top of the ThinkPad
- Battery and standby indicators.
Located on the left side of the ThinkPad
- The security keyhole
- Dual USB
- S video out
- Modem· Ethernet
- Air vents, and
- PC card slot
Located on the bottom
- The battery pack
- Two battery latches
- The docking station connector
- The memory access cover, and
- The hard disk drive locking screw
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.