Memory installation movie
To remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off or enter hibernation mode.
- Then, disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Slide battery latch number one to the unlocked position.
- While holding spring-loaded latch number two in the unlocked position, slide out the battery pack.
Here is a closer look at battery latch one.
To remove the optional DIMM:
- Loosen the three captive screws on the access panel, and lift it off.
- Release the latches, lift out the DIMM.
- Place it on the ESD mat or a static-sensitive bag.
ThinkPad movie index
View detailed memory installation and removal instructions for ThinkPad X40 systems.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.