- Lenovo G480 (2688, 20156), G580 (2689, 20157)
|Supported Operating Systems|
- Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit)
Note: If your Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit) system is upgraded from Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), and the BIOS version is lower than Version 62cn40ww, please follow the steps below:
Step1. Degrade your Windows 8 system to Windows 7 system.
Step2. Update your BIOS from the current version to Version 62cn40ww.
Step3. Upgrade your Windows 7 system to Windows 8 system.
Step4. Update your BIOS from Version 62cn40ww to Version 62cn97ww.
BIOS, abbreviation of Basic Input/Output System, is integrated in ROM chip on main board, which contains the basic input/output program, system configuration information, system startup self-check and pre-setup programs. BIOS provides most basic low-level hardware operations; it is the connection between software and hardware, and interfacing window of hardware and operating system.
Note: Make note of any settings you have changed in the BIOS Configuration Utility. These settings may have to be re-entered after updating the BIOS.
Attention: Do not power off or restart your computer during the BIOS flashing process, which will cause serious damage and improper functioning of your computer.
|Summary of changes|
- Fix issue: BIOS and boot menu can't be accessd after windows recovery.
|Downloading the package|
- Click the file link to download the file from the web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
|Installing the package in Microsoft Windows 8|
- Restart computer.
- Double click the packaged file, select YES while Windows User Account Control is popping a prompt.
- This program will flash new BIOS to your PC without interventions, at last PC will auto restart.