This package installs an updated version of the Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit) device driver for the onboard Realtek Audio Codec ALC662, ALC283 that comes preinstalled in your computer.
This update requires approximately 105MB of space on your hard drive.
This package has been approved for use with the following systems:.
- All ThinkCentre M78 systems.
|Downloading the package|
- Click the file link to download the file from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
|Extracting the package|
- Click Start, then click Search, then click Files and Folders.
- Type d7aud08us17.exe in the search field, then click Find Now. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- Double-click the d7aud08us17.exe icon.
- Click Next. Read the license agreement.
- Click I accept the terms in the license agreement.
- Click Next.
- Ensure that "Save files in folder" is set to C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\AUDIO\d7aud08us17.
- Click Next. The necessary files will be extracted to your hard drive.
- Click Finish.
|Installing the package|
Follow the instructions provided in the corresponding text file from the above link. It is recommended to print the installation instructions text file so that you can refer to it during the installation.