This package provides the ISO image file of BIOS which are compatible with CD/DVD writing software to create the CD/DVD for the BIOS update. Hereafter the CD/DVD for the BIOS update is called as "BIOS Update CD".
The BIOS Update CD can boot the computer disregarding the operating systems and update two sets of the BIOS (including system programs and Embedded Controller program) stored in the ThinkPad computers to fix problems, add new functions, or expand functions as noted below.
For that purpose, it is necessary to have the CD/DVD writing software (with CD/DVD creation function from the ISO image file) prepared separately.
Also, any one of the following type of CD-RW, CD-RW & DVD Combo, DVD, DVD Multi or other optical drives should be prepared. (Hereafter these drives are called as "optical drive".)
- This program is language independent and can be used with any language system.
- Please create the CD/DVD from the ISO image file and install it. The contents of the BIOS Update CD cannot be shown by Windows Explorer.
Use the links below to obtain the BIOS and Embedded Controller files in other file formats:
- BIOS Utility
Supported ThinkPad Systems
- Edge E130
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 8 32-bit, 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit, 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
Summary of Changes
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- (New) Enhanced BIOS security.
Please refer to the README file for the following:
- Installation Instructions
- Determining Which Version is Installed
- Complete list of summary of changes
- Known limitations (if any)
The following versions of UEFI BIOS and ECP (Embedded Controller Program) have been released to date.
|2.53||2.53 (H4ET93WW)||2.01 (H4HT51WW)||h4uj09wd.iso
|2.06||2.06 (H4ET67WW)||2.01 (H4HT51WW)||h4uj06wd.iso