This package provides the ISO image file of UEFI BIOS which is compatible with CD/DVD/BD writing software to create the CD/DVD/BD for the UEFI BIOS update. Hereafter the CD/DVD/BD for the UEFI BIOS update is called as "BIOS Update CD".
The BIOS Update CD can boot the computer disregarding the operating systems and update the UEFI BIOS (including system program and Embedded Controller program) stored in the ThinkPad computer to fix problems, add new functions, or expand functions as noted below.
For that purpose, it is necessary to have the CD/DVD/BD writing software (with CD/DVD/BD creation function from the ISO image file) prepared separately.
Also, any one of the following types of CD-RW, CD-RW & DVD Combo, DVD, DVD Multi, BD or other optical drives should be prepared. (Hereafter these drives are called as "optical drive".)
- Ultrabay Slim installed in the ThinkPad UltraBase
- This program is language independent and can be used with any language system.
- Please create the CD/DVD from the ISO image file and install it. The contents of the BIOS Update CD cannot be shown by Windows Explorer.
Use the links below to obtain the BIOS and Embedded Controller files in other file formats:
Supported ThinkPad Systems
- ThinkPad X230, X230i
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 32-bit, 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 32-bit, 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit, 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
Summary of Changes
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
UEFI: 2.67 / ECP: 1.14
- [Important] Security fix addresses LEN-8324 System Management Mode (SMM) BIOS
Vulnerability and some security fixes.
If the UEFI BIOS has been updated to version 2.67 or higher, it is no
longer able to roll back to the version before 2.67 for security improvement.
- (Note) If the UEFI BIOS has been updated to version 2.67 or higher, it is no
- (New) Updated the Diagnostics module to version 2.09.09.
Please refer to the README file for the following:
- Installation Instructions
- Determining Which Version is Installed
- Complete list of summary of changes
- Known limitations (if any)
|2.67||2.67 (G2ETA7WW)||1.14 (G2HT35WW)||Current Release|
|2.63||2.63 (G2ETA3WW)||1.14 (G2HT35WW)
|2.62||2.62 (G2ETA2WW)||1.14 (G2HT35WW)||g2uj19us.iso
|2.59||2.59 (G2ET99WW)||1.13 (G2HT34WW)||g2uj16us.iso
|2.57||2.57 (G2ET97WW)||1.13 (G2HT34WW)||g2uj15us.iso
|2.55||2.55 (G2ET95WW)||1.12 (G2HT33WW)||g2uj13us.iso
|2.02||2.02 (G2ET82WW)||1.10 (G2HT31WW)||g2uj07uc.iso
|1.13||1.13 (G2ET33WW)||1.09 (G2HT30WW)||g2uj06uc.iso
|1.11||1.11 (G2ET31WW)||1.07 (G2HT28WW)||g2uj04uc.iso
|1.10||1.10 (G2ET30WW)||1.07 (G2HT28WW)||g2uj03uc.iso
|1.09||1.09 (G2ET29WW)||1.07 (G2HT28WW)||g2uj02uc.iso