Note for ThinkPad X1 Carbon users:
This document supports X1 Carbon with the following Machine Type:
- 3443, 3444, 3446, 3448, 3460, 3462, 3463
- 20A7, 20A8
- 20BS, 20BT
Communications Utility enables you to change all settings for the integrated camera, microphone, and audio functions at one place to optimize the Video and Voice over the Internet (VOIP) experience.
The following functions are provided:
- Integrated camera settings (only for model with the integrated camera)
- Muting the camera during the video chat (Windows 7/Vista/XP)
- Automatic zooming of the camera preview using face detection (Windows 7)
- Screen sharing feature during the VOIP conference (Windows 7)
- Audio settings
- If an earlier version of this package has been installed on your computer, updating (overwrite-installing) this package will fix problems, add new functions, or expand functions as noted below.
- Lenovo B430, B475e, B480, B490, B490s
- Lenovo B575e, B580, B590
- Lenovo B4500
- Lenovo B5400
- Lenovo E49
- Lenovo E4430
- Lenovo M490, M495, M490s
- Lenovo M4400, M4400s, M4450
- Lenovo M5400
- Lenovo V480, V480c, V480s, V490u V580, V580c
- Lenovo V4400, V4400u
- ThinkPad Edge E130, E135, E145
- ThinkPad Edge E330, E335
- ThinkPad Edge E430, E430c, E431, E435, E440, E445
- ThinkPad Edge E530, E530c, E531, E535, E540, E545
- ThinkPad E450, E455, E450c, E460, E465, E550, E550c, E555, E560, E560p, E565
- ThinkPad 11e (Types 20ED, 20EE)
- ThinkPad 11e (Type 20D9, 20DA)
- ThinkPad 11e (Type 20G9, 20GB)
- ThinkPad 13
- ThinkPad Helix (Type 3xxx)
- ThinkPad L330
- ThinkPad L430, L440, L450, L460, L560
- ThinkPad L530, L540
- ThinkPad P40 Yoga, P50, P50s, P70
- ThinkPad S3-S431, S3-S440
- ThinkPad S5-S531, S5-S540
- ThinkPad S430, S431, S440
- Thinkpad S531, S540
- ThinkPad T430, T430i, T430s, T430si, T430u, T431s
- ThinkPad T440, T440p, T440s , T450, T450s, T460, T460p, T460s
- ThinkPad T530, T530i, T540p, T550, T560
- ThinkPad W530, W540, W541, W541,W550s
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon
- ThinkPad X1 Yoga (Machine types: 20FQ, 20FR).
- ThinkPad X1 Helix (Type 3xxx), X1 Helix (Type 3xxx)
- Thinkpad X131e, X140e X230, X230i, X230s, X230 Tablet, X230i Tablet, X240, X240s, X250, X260
- ThinkPad Yoga
- ThinkPad Yoga 12
- ThinkPad Yoga 14
- ThinkPad Yoga 15
- ThinkPad Yoga 260, Yoga 460
- Zhaoyang E49, K29, K49, K2450, K4350, K4450
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit, 64-bit
Summary of Changes
- < > Package version number
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad E560p (ROW), S5 (PRC)
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad 13.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad 11e 3rd Gen.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad Yoga 14, Yoga 460, S3, P40.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T460.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T460s, Yoga 260, S1, T560, P50s, L560.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T460p, L460.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X1 Yoga (Machine types: 20FQ, 20FR).
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X1 Carbon (Machine types: 20FB, 20FC).
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X260.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad E460, E465, E560, E565.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad Yoga 260.
- (New) Added the new Lenovo logo.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where camera privacy is enabled unexpectedly.
Please refer to the README file for the following:
- Installation Instructions
- Determining Which Version is Installed
- Complete list of summary of changes
- Known limitations (if any)