This package installs the Realtek USB2.0 Card Reader Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) and XP. This driver requires approximately 10MB of space on your hard drive.
- All ThinkCentre M71z systems.
- All ThinkCentre M72z systems.
- All Thinkcentre Edge 71z, 91z systems.
Downloading the package
- Click the file link to download the file from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
Extracting the package
- Click Start, then click Start Search.
- Type c1car01us17.exe in the search field, then click Search Everywhere. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- Double-click the c1car01us17.exe icon. You may see a dialog stating "A program needs your permission to continue". If you see this dialog, click Continue.
- Click Next. Read the license agreement.
- Click I accept the agreement.
- Click Next.
- Ensure that "Save files in folder" is set to C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\CARDREADER\c1car01us17.
- Click Next. The necessary files will be extracted to your hard drive.
- Click Finish.
Installing the package
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, then click Run.
- Type C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\CARDREADER\c1car01us17\setup.exe, then click OK. The setup program will run.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.
- If needed, restart your system when the installation is complete.