If any previous or current version of ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software is already installed on your ThinkPad, uninstall the software using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel before installation.
- (Fix) If a user ID has a full registry access, the system became very slow.
- During the installation, please do not touch the keyboard, the trackpoint, or the mouse.
- Some of the virtual devices are installed when you use the Bluetooth software after the first installation. Wait for a while until the virtual devices installation completes.
- Start Windows XP, 2000 and logon with administrative privileges.
- Press Fn and F5 at the same time to turn on Bluetooth.
- If 'Found New Hardware Wizard' is displayed, click Cancel.
- Double-click the driver package to extract it to your hard drive.
The default location is C:\DRIVERS\WIN\TPBTOOTH
- Click Start, then click Run...
- Specify "SETUP.EXE" with the full path name where you extracted the package in step 4, and click OK.
- In "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software" window, click Next.
- In the "License Agreement" window, read the Licence Agreement carefully, if you agree, select I accept the terms in the licence agreement, then click Next.
- In the Destination Folder window, click Next. (If you need to change the destination, click Change, select or enter the destination folder of your choice, then click Next.)
- In the "Ready to Install the Program" window, click Install.
- When "Driver Signature Notice" window appears, click OK.
- When "InstallShield Wizard Completed" appears, click Finish.
- If you are asked to restart the system, click Yes to restart.
To check the version of the software that is installed on your ThinkPad, follow the instructions below:
- In Windows XP, click Start, click Control Panel, then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
In Windows 2000, click Start, select Settings, select Control Panel, then double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software and click Change/Remove.
- In the prompt 'Are you sure you want to remove ThinkPad Bluetooth with Ehnanced Data Rate Software from your computer?' appears, click Yes. The uninstallation will start.
- Click OK, to restart the system.
- Click Start, select All Programs, then click My Bluetooth Places.
- Click Help, then select About My Bluetooth Places.
- The first line of the window shows the version of the software.
"My Bluetooth Places 220.127.116.1100"
The driver version of "ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate" in the device manager is 18.104.22.16800.