Lenovo strongly suggests rebooting the system before applying the BIOS update.
Please first check BIOS version. If BIOS version of the machine is higher than 29CN26WW (V2.03) (included), 29CN38WW (V2.15) or other latest ones can be directly updated to. If BIOS version of the machine is older than 29CN26WW (V2.03), please turn to local Lenovo service provider for BIOS update.
Fixes and enhancements
The latest BIOS Version fixes all issues from previous versions.
Fixed fan always running after waking up from sleep
Enabled sensor button function on NIWE1/NIWE2
Fixed sensor LED unable auto turn to 50% lighting before activation
1. Updated NV GE1 VBIOS to fix black screen issue.
2. Disabled LAN DSM function to fix occasional LAN device lost.
1. Under the old version, updating the BIOS in Windows mode when system resumes from S3 status will cause the system to hang and display to turn black. The new version will solve this problem.
Take NIWEx215_X32 as example,
1. Restart computer.
2. Locate the file NIWEx215_X32 that has been downloaded.
3. Double click the NIWEx215_X32. For Vista and Windows 7, you may run it as administrator by right-clicking on the icon and selecting "Run as administrator".
4. Click Install.
5. Click Flash BIOS.
6. Press Enter to start flashing. During the process, you are advised not to turn off the computer.
7. When the update finishes, the computer will automatically reboot for the changes to take effect.
8. Enter to BIOS menu, load default setting-> save and exit.
9. Please reboot the system again.