Features and specifications
The ThinkPad USB 3.0 Ethernet (4X90E51405) adapter enables Ethernet on systems which do not have Ethernet RJ-45 connector through USB port on the system. The ThinkPad USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter not only provides high speed Gigabit Ethernet solution via USB 3.0 port, but also enables boot over the LAN on selected ThinkPad systems.
Connect it with your Ultrabook or Tablet to your corporate VPN at the office or go online in a hotel suite. The adapter’s small form factor allows a convenient fit into any computer case or bag to travel, so you can easily take it with you anywhere.
- Full size RJ45 connector; LEDs on connector to indicate connection status
Two LEDs on RJ45 port for power and data transfer indication. Green for power and Yellow for activity.
- Booting from LAN and loading image from remote server for selected systems. Please refer to support web site for list of systems supporting this feature.
- QoS (Quality of Service) tagged packets and duplicate address detection
- Doesn’t support POE (Power over Ethernet)
- Giga bit speed when running on USB 3.0 environment
- 100M/10M adapt when running on USB 2.0 environment
- Full Duplex flow control(IEEE 802.3x)
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802.3u
- IEEE 802.3az Giga bit Ethernet requirement
- Supported operating systems: Microsoft Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit), Microsoft Windows 8 (32bit & 64bit), Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32bit & 64bit), Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Ethernet receptacle (L x W x H): (53±0.5) mm x 15 mm x 16 mm
- Cable (L x D): (80±10) mm x 3.5 mm
- USB Plug (L x W x H): (19±0.3) mm x (14±0.3) mm x (7±0.3) mm
- Approximate height: 3cm
- Approximate width: 5cm
- Approximate length: 18cm
||Operating System and Version
|ThinkPad USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Driver (5.4 MB)
ReadMe (2.7 KB)
|Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit) version: 18.104.22.1686
Windows 8 (32bit & 64bit) version: 22.214.171.1246
Windows 8.1 (2bit & 64bit) version: 126.96.36.1996
Windows 10 (64bit) version: 10.7.218.2016
|24 June 2016
1 year – Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU)
- Announce date: 5 November 2013
- Availability date: 8 November 2013
Supported Systems (As at June 24, 2016)
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Helix
- ThinkPad Tablet 2
- ThinkPad Classic Chief River systems: T530, T430, T430s, T430u, T431s, W530, X230s, X230t, X230, X131e, L530, L430, L330
- ThinkPad Edge E530, E430, E330
- Shark Bay ThinkPad Classic: X240, T440, T440s, T440p, W540, X240s, T540p, L440, L540
- ThinkPad S240, S431, S440, S531, S540
- ThinkPad Edge E431/E531
- ThinkPad Edge E440/540
- ThinkPad Edge E445/545
Note: Please refer to the Accessories Compatibility Guide for the complete list of supported systems.
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Also work on Windows PE and Windows SCCM environment
- Lenovo USB3.0 Ethernet Adapter
- Warranty Poster
- Temperature: 0 deg to 70 deg C (32 deg to 158 deg F)
- CE MARK, ICES, ACA/C-Tick, FCC, BSMI, VCCI, CB, KC, EAC, Ukraine CoC
- Description: A description of the product.
- Geography: The geography where the product is available.
- Marketing part number: The marketing part number is the part number used for purchasing the product.
- Service part number (FRU): The service part number for the product or one of the product's components.
||Marketing part number
|| Replacement part number (FRU)
|ThinkPad USB3.0 Ethernet Adapter