For access, disable the battery pack first. Refer to “1000 Disabling the battery pack in the UEFI BIOS” for detailed instructions.
Then remove these FRUs in order:
- Please refer to “1010 Hard disk drive and solid state drive” for detailed instruction.
- Please refer to “1020 Keyboard” for detailed instruction.
- Please refer to “1080 Keyboard bezel assembly with fingerprint reader and audio sub card ” for detailed instruction.
Removal steps of fan assembly
Disconnect the fan connector from the system board.
||Capture shoulder screw (4)
Removal steps of fan assembly (continued)
- Before you attach the fan assembly to the computer, apply thermal grease, at an amount of 0.2 grams, on the part marked [a] as in the following figure. Either too much or too less application of grease can cause a thermal problem due to imperfect contact with a component.
- Make sure that the fan connector is attached firmly.