- One for external stereo speakers or headphone
- One for microphone-in
- One for line-in on port replicator
- One for line-out on port replicator
- Embedded numeric keypad and integrated UltraNav dual-pointing system, featuring TrackPoint and customized touch pad for the ultimate in pointing flexibility.
Note: UltraNav not available on machine type 7650.
- ThinkVantage button, ThinkLight keyboard light, individual volume up, down, and mute buttons.
- The keyboard has a Fn key which is a special key and is located in the lower left corner. The Fn key allows the user to instantly activate the following operational features by pressing the Fn key and a designated function key:
- Switching between Display device
- Fingerprint reader is integrated into the palm rest of select models of the ThinkPad notebook computer to prevent unauthorized access to your notebook and data.
- PC2-5300 Non-Parity (NP) Double Data Rate Two (DDR2) Technology
- The use of 667 MHz SO DIMM memory is recommended for this system.
- 512MB or 1GB standard memory
- Supports maximum memory up to 4GB
- ThinkPad notebooks with a Windows Vista 32-bit or previous Windows 32-bit operating system can support up to 3GB of addressable memory.
- ThinkPad notebooks that have a Windows Vista 64-bit operating system can support up to 4GB of addressable memory.
- Recommended for memory expansion are 512MB, 1GB, and 2GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667 MHz(7)SO DIMM.
- All systems come with the UltraNav dual-pointing system, featuring TrackPoint and customized touch pad for the ultimate in pointing flexibility is a part of the keyboard. The TrackPoint features Press-to-Select, Internet scroll, and magnifying glass for accurate and convenient control.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep technology
- Available processors are:
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5250(1.5GHz), T5450(1.66GHz), T5470(1.6GHz)
- 2 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz front-side bus
Note: Public network download speeds are limited to 53kbps. Upload speeds are limited to 48Kbps. Actual speeds depend on many factors and are often less than the maximum stated.
- 1Gb Ethernet installed on systems via the system board.
- ThinkPad 11a/b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter
- Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG Mini-PCI Express Adapter
- ThinkPad 11b/g Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II
- Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
- Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology (select models)
- One integrated, easy-loading modular Ultrabay
- One ExpressCard slot and one PC Card (Type-II) slot
- One PC Card (Type-II) slot and one Smart Card slot
- Integrated UltraConnect Wi-Fi wireless antenna
- Integrated fingerprint reader technology (selected models)
- IEEE 1394
- Mono microphone integrated
- Three USB 2.0 ports
- RJ-11 and RJ-45 ports
- External microphone port
- S-Video out
- Conforms to the PC Card Standard 95
- Type II slot
- Both the 16-bit Release 2.1 card standard and the 32-bit CardBus card are supported.
For systems with 14.1-in widescreen TFT display:
- Width: 335.5 mm (13.2 in)
- Depth: 237 mm (9.3 in)
- Height: 30.0 to 34.9 mm (1.20 to 1.37 in)
- Weight: Starting at 2.4 kg (5.3 lb)
For systems with 15.0-in TFT display:
- Width: 332 mm (13.1 in)
- Depth: 269 mm (10.6 in)
- Height: 37 to 40 mm (1.46 to 1.58 in)
- Weight: Starting at 2.47 kg (5.4 lb)
For systems with 15.4-in widescreen TFT display:
- Width: 357.5 mm (14.1 in)
- Depth: 255 mm (10.0 in)
- Height: 29.7 to 33.5 mm (1.2 to 1.4 in)
- Weight: Starting at 2.7kg (5.9 lb)
- Battery pack (Li-Ion): 327 g (0.721 lb)
- AC adapter (two-pin or three-pin)
- Power cord for ac adapter
Note: All weight and dimensions are approximate.
- Heat dissipation: 245 Btu/hr maximum
- Heat emissions: 72 watts maximum
- FCC Class-B Part 15
- VCCI Class B
- CISPR22 Class B
- CSA C22.2 No. 950
- IEC 60950
- MPR-II (Sweden)
- CE Mark
- CCC (for China)
- AC adapter: This ac-to-dc converter supplies the necessary power to the computer. The ac adapter also charges the battery pack when it is installed in the computer.
- Universal AC adapter (90 W):
- Input is 100/240 V ac, 1.5A, 50/60 Hz
- Output is 20 V dc, 4.5 A
- Li-Ion battery packs:
- The battery pack is an internal power source to the computer when the ac adapter is not available. The battery pack is rechargeable and is charged using the AC adapter with the system.
- You can determine how much battery power remains by using the ThinkPad utility program. This displays the percent charge remaining, whether one or two batteries are in the system.
- A different optional Li-Ion battery pack, the Ultrabay Slim Li- Polymer battery, fits into the Ultrabay Slim so that two batteries can be installed to increase battery operating time.
- A four, six, or nine cell Li-Ion battery pack is shipped with the system.
- Li-Ion battery pack:
- Approximate operation hours are (*1):
- Battery operation for 14.1 in widescreen models:
- Four-cell: Up to 3.6 hours
- Six-cell: Up to 5.7 hours
- Battery operation for 15.0 in models:
- Six-cell: Up to 5.0 hours
- Nine-cell: Up to 7.0 hours
- Battery operation for 15.4 in widescreen models:
- Six-cell: Up to 3.5 hours
- Nine-cell: Up to 4.75 hours
- (*1) Recharge time also varies.
- These model numbers achieved the Ziff Davis Media Inc.'s Business Winstone 2002 BatteryMark(TM) V1.0 battery rundown time of at least the times shown. This test was performed without independent verification by the VeriTest testing division of Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (VeriTest) nor Ziff Davis Media Inc.. Neither Ziff Davis Media Inc. nor VeriTest makes any representations or warranties as to these test results. A description of the environment under which the test was performed is available at the following URL: www.ibm.com/pc/ww/thinkpad/batterylife.html. Battery life (and recharge times) will vary based on many factors including screen brightness, applications, features, power management, battery conditioning and other customer preferences.
- Security Chip on selected models
- Fingerprint reader on selected models, offers users a convenient solution, authenticate at system startup and log on to Windows with a swipe of your finger.
- Locking device in the security slot provides physical security.
- The Embedded Security Subsystem provides for authentication and encryption of data communications.
|Power-on passwords help protect the system from unauthorized use. If a power-on password is set, the password prompt appears: |
- Each time the system is turned on.
- When the system is returned to normal operation from suspend mode.
A Supervisor Password provides a higher level of security than the power on password. The Supervisor Password protects the system functions from being used by unauthorized users,and protects the hardware configuration from unauthorized modification. The Supervisor Password prompt appears:
- When the BIOS setup screen is accessed.
A hard drive password protects hard drive data from unauthorized users. Once a hard drive password is set, data on the hard drive cannot be accessed without the correct hard drive password. Because this password is stored in the hard drive, the data remains protected even if the hard drive is removed to another system. The hard drive password prompt appears:
- Each time the system is turned on.
|The following operating systems are supported on the ThinkPad R61i system: |
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows Vista Home Basic (32 bit)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (64 bit)
- Windows Vista Business (32 bit)
- Windows Vista Business (64 bit)
- Previous versions of these operating systems are not supported.
- Operating systems other than those preinstalled on the systems may not provide full-feature functionality.
- Only available using USB or Docking solution
|Hard drive features|
- Standard 60GB, 80GB, 120GB, or 160GB hard drive sizes
- Supports one additional hard drive which can be used concurrently to offer expanded storage in the Ultrabay Enhanced
- 5400 rpm hard drive speed
- Although you can upgrade the hard drive, it is not designed to be removed and reinserted on a regular basis. Repeated and frequent removal, for purposes other than to upgrade for greater capacity, can cause damage to the system. The Ultrabay Slim hard drive adapter is designed to provide this flexibility with a second hard drive in the Ultrabay Slim.
- The Hard Drive Active Protection system protects your hard drive when the shock sensor inside your ThinkPad computer detects a situation that could potentially damage the hard drive.
14.1-inch XGA TFT (1024x768 resolution) TFT display
14.1-inch SXGA+ TFT (1400 x 1050 resolution) TFT display
14.1-inch WXGA (1280 x 800 resolution) TFT display
14.1-inch WXGA+ (1440 x 900 resolution) TFT display
15.0-inch XGA TFT (1024x768 resolution) TFT display
15.0-inch SXGA+ TFT (1400 x 1050 resolution) TFT display
15.4-inch WXGA TFT (1280 x 800 resolution) TFT display
15.4-inch WSXGA+ (1680x1050 resolution) TFT display
- All displays are measured diagonally.
|Video chipsets: |
- Intel PM965/GM965 graphics
- 128MB nVidia Quadro NVS 140M