Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer.
This procedure describes how to remove and replace the power switch/LED assembly.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Front bezel removal and installation".
- Disconnect the power switch/LED assembly cable from the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Note the power switch/LED assembly cable routing and the position of the two LEDs.
- Remove the switch and the LEDs from the bezel.
- Route the cable for the new power switch/LED assembly through the hole in the chassis and to the system board.
- Install the new power switch/LED assembly into the bezel. Make sure that the LEDs are in the correct position.
- Connect the power switch/LED cable to the system board.
- Reinstall the front bezel.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".