Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer.
This section provides instructions on how to replace the internal speaker.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Front bezel removal and installation".
- Locate the internal speaker. See "Locating major FRUs".
- Access system board components. Note the routing of the internal speaker cable and power LED cable, and then disconnect these cables from the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Disengage the internal speaker locking tab (3) and slide the internal speaker (1) downwards to completely remove it from the chassis.
- Route the new internal speaker cable and power LED cable, and then position the two internal speaker latches (2) into the metal slots in the chassis, then push the internal speaker upwards until it snaps into position.
- Connect the internal speaker cable and the power LED cable to the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Reinstall the hard disk drive fan bracket if removed.
- Reinstall the front bezel.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".