Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide, go to the Lenovo Support Website.
This section provides instructions on how to replace the optical drive.
To replace the optical drive, do the following:
- Turn off the computer and disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Open the computer cover. See "Opening the computer cover".
- Pivot the optical drive bay assembly upward to gain easy access to the optical drive.
- Disconnect the signal cable and the power cable from the rear of the optical drive.
- Press the optical drive lock (1) and slide the optical drive out of the rear of the drive bay assembly.
- Install the optical drive retainer on the side of the new optical drive.
- Slide the new optical drive into the drive bay until it snaps into position.
- Connect the signal cable and the power cable to the rear of the optical drive.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".