To remove and install the mouse follow the steps below:
- Remove any media (diskettes, CDs, or tapes) from the drives, shut down your operating system, and turn off all attached devices.
- Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Locate the mouse connector.
Note: Your mouse might be connected to a standard mouse connector 1 or a USB connector 2 in the front or rear of your computer. See "Locating connectors on the rear of your computer" or "Locating computer components".
- Disconnect the failing mouse cable from the computer.
- Connect the new mouse to the appropriate connector on the computer.
- Go to, "Completing the parts replacement".