Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information". You can also find this information in the Quick Reference Guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
For ThinkCentre A52 (type 8155, 8156, 8157, 8158, 8159, 8160) and M52 (type 8099, 8116, 8215, 9210, 9211) systems:
For ThinkCentre A52 (type 8289, 8298, 8328, 8341, 8344, 8382) systems:
- Remove the screws at the rear of the chassis that secure the power supply.
- Open the computer cover. See "Opening the cover".
- Pivot the drive bay assembly upward to gain access to the cable connections.
- Locate the power supply. See "Locating components".
Important: Note the cable routing. It is important to route the cables the same way after you install the new power supply assembly.
- Disconnect the power supply cables from the hard disk drive and optical drive.
- Disconnect the power supply cables 1 and 2 from the system board.
- Slide the power supply forward and remove from the computer.
- Install the new power supply into the chassis so that the screw holes in the power supply assembly align with those in the chassis.
Note: Use only the screws that are provided.
- Install and tighten the assembly screws into the rear of the chassis.
- Reconnect the power supply connectors to the hard disk drive and optical drive.
- Reconnect the power supply cables to the system board.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".