Features and specifications
The Lenovo USB Portable 500GB Hard disk drive (45K1690) option provides the ultimate in portability and ease of use without sacrificing capacity. Features and benefits include:
- High-speed USB 2.0 Interface.
- Compact size -- Fits in a shirt pocket.
- No requirement for AC power adapter.
- Operating system independent, no operating system drivers needed
- 500GB capacity
- 5400 rpm speed
- No Auxiliary power USB cable included
- No Carrying case included
- Innovative top cover design
- No requirement for ac power adapter -- Does not require two USB ports on systems, depending upon configuration.
Note: GB = 1 billion bytes when referring to storage capacity; accessible capacity is less.
- Typical data transfer speeds*:
- USB 1.1
- Read up to 900 KBps
- Write up to 700 KBps
- USB 2.0
- Read up to 30 MBps
- Write up to 25 MBps
* Actual performance varies based on many factors and is often less than the maximum possible.
- Lenovo USB 2.0 Portable 500GB Hard drive (45K1690)
- Approximate height: 14 mm (0.5 in)
- Approximate width: 77 mm (3.0 in)
- Approximate length: 130 mm (5.1 in)
- Approximate weight: 154 g (6 oz)
- Lenovo USB 2.0 Portable 500GB Hard drive (45K1690) packaged in a carton:
- Approximate height: 67 mm (2.6 in)
- Approximate width: 110 mm (4.3 in)
- Approximate length: 160 mm (6.3 in)
- Approximate weight: 300 g (11 oz)
- Operating temperature (card): 0 deg to 60 deg C (32 deg to 140 deg F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 85% (non-condensing)
1 year - Customer Replacement Unit (CRU) Service
- Announce date: 26 May 2009 (Worldwide)
- Availability date: 29 May 2009 (Worldwide)
- Effective withdrawal date: 18 March 2014
An available USB 2.0 port.
For the latest updates on the compatible systems, please refer to the Accessories Compatibility Guide.
Note: This option is not supported on the following systems:
- ThinkCentre M80
- ThinkCentre A70
- Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Lenovo USB Portable 500GB Hard disk drive
- USB cable
- User's Guide
Booting to the Lenovo Portable USB Portable 500GB Hard drive option requires system BIOS support. Refer to the system user guide to determine if your system supports booting to USB hard drives.
CE, BSMI, VCCI, C-Tick, FCC, ICES, KCC