After completing the installation or replacement for all parts, you need to close the computer cover and reconnect cables. Depending on the parts you installed or replaced, you might need to confirm the updated information in the Setup Utility program. Refer to "Using the Setup Utility program".
To close the computer cover and reconnect cables to your computer, do the following:
- Make sure that all components have been reassembled correctly and that no tools or loose screws are left inside your computer. See "Locating components" for the locations of various components in your computer.
- If you have removed the front bezel, reinstall it. To reinstall the front bezel, align the three tabs on the front bezel with the corresponding holes in the chassis and pivot the front bezel inwards until it snaps into position.
- Make sure that the cables are routed correctly. Keep cables clear of the hinges and sides of the computer chassis to avoid interference with closing the computer cover.
- Lower the optical drive bay assembly.
- Close the computer cover.
- Reconnect the external cables and power cords to the computer. See "Locating connectors on the rear of the computer".