Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information". You can also find this information in the Quick Reference guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
- Remove any media (diskettes, CDs, or tapes) from the drives, shut down the computer, and turn off all attached devices.
- Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Locate the connector for the keyboard. See "Locating controls and connectors on the computer."
Your keyboard might be connected to the standard keyboard connector (1) at the rear of the computer or to a USB connector (2) at either the front or rear of the computer.
- Disconnect the failing keyboard cable from the computer and connect the new keyboard cable to the appropriate connector.
- To complete the installation, go to "Completing the installation."