Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide, go to the Lenovo Support Website.
This section provides instructions on how to open the computer cover.
Turn off the computer and wait three to five minutes to let the computer cool before opening the computer cover.
To open the computer cover, do the following:
- Remove any media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the computer.
- Disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Disconnect the power cords, Input/Output (I/O) cables, and any other cables that are connected to the computer. See "Locating connectors on the front of the computer" and "Locating connectors on the rear of the computer".
- Remove any locking device that secures the computer cover, such as an integrated cable lock.
- Press the cover-release buttons on the sides of the computer and pivot the computer cover upward.