Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide, go to:http://www.lenovo.com/support
This section provides instructions on how to install or replace the optical drive.
To replace the optical drive, do the following:
- Turn off the computer and disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Removing the computer cover".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Removing and reinstalling the front bezel".
- Depending on whether you are installing or replacing an optical drive, do one of the following:
- If you are installing a secondary optical drive, remove the plastic panel in the front bezel for the drive bay you want to use. If there is a metal static shield installed in the drive bay, remove the metal static shield.
- If you are replacing an optical drive, disconnect the signal cable and the power cable from the rear of the optical drive, press the blue release button, and then slide the optical drive out of the front of the computer.
Figure 1. Removing the optical drive
- Install the optical drive retainer on the side of the new optical drive.
Figure 2. Installing the optical drive retainer
- Slide the new optical drive into the drive bay from the front of the computer until the optical drive snaps into position.
Figure 3. Installing the optical drive
- Connect the signal cable and the power cable to the new optical drive.
Figure 4. Connectiong the optical drive
- Reinstall the front bezel. See "Removing and reinstalling the front bezel".
- To complete the installation or replacement, go to "Completing the parts replacement"