Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide, go to the Lenovo Support Website.
This section provides instructions on how to replace the system fan. To replace the system fan, do the following:
- Turn off the computer and disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Open the computer cover. See "Opening the computer cover".
- Remove the front bezel by releasing the three plastic tabs and pivoting the front bezel outward.
- Pivot the optical drive bay assembly upward.
- Locate the system fan. See "Locating components".
- Disconnect the system fan cable from the microprocessor fan connector on the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Release the four tabs on the bottom of the system fan as shown, and then lift the system fan straight up to completely remove it from the chassis.
- Align the four tabs on the bottom of the new system fan with the corresponding holes in the chassis, and push the new system fan straight down until it snaps into position.
- Connect the system fan cable to the microprocessor fan connector on the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- To reinstall the front bezel, align the three tabs on the front bezel with the corresponding holes in the chassis and pivot the front bezel inwards until it snaps into position.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".