To remove the front fan baffle assembly:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached perpherial devices.
- Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables.
- Open the top cover.
- Press the cover release buttons, one on each side and rotate the cover up to the open position.
- Open the drive bay assembly.
- Grasp the assembly and rotate to the open position.
- Disconnect the fan power cable from the system board
- Release the latch at the top of the air baffle.
- Slide the assembly down to free the locking tabs and lift it out from the front of the drive bay assembly.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.