After working with options, you need to install any removed parts, replace the cover, and reconnect cables, including telephone lines and power cords. Also, depending on the option that is installed, you might need to confirm the updated information in the Setup Utility Program.
These instructions are also available in movie format:
To replace the cover and connect cables to your computer:
- Ensure that all components have been reassembled correctly and that no tools or loose screws are left inside your computer.
- Clear any cables that might impede the replacement of the cover.
- Position the cover on the chassis so that the rail guides on the bottom of the cover engage the rails and push the cover closed until it latches.
- Reconnect the external cables and power cords to the computer. For more information; see Locating connectors on the front of the computer and Locating connectors on the rear of the computer.
- To update the configuration, see Hardware Maintenance Manual.
View instructions to cover removal