After completing the service, install any other removed parts, install the computer cover, and reconnect any cables, including telephone lines and power cords. Also, depending on the part that was replaced, confirm the updated information in the Setup Utility program. See "Starting the Setup Utility" in your Quick Reference or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual.
To complete the installation:
- Ensure that all components have been reassembled correctly and that no tools or loose screws are left inside the computer. See "Locating components" for the location of the various components.
- If the computer has an optional hard drive mounting bracket and it was either pivoted upward or removed, place it back into position and reconnect any cables that were disconnected from the optional hard disk drive.
- Reposition any cables that might impede the replacement of the computer cover.
- Position the computer cover on the chassis so that the rail guides on the bottom of the computer cover engage the rails. Then, push the computer cover closed until it latches.
- Reconnect the external cables. Plug the power cord into the computer, then into a properly grounded power receptacle. See "Locating front connectors" and "Locating rear connectors".
- If the system board was replaced, the BIOS must be reflashed.
- To update the system configuration, see "Starting the Setup Utility" in the Quick Reference that was included with the computer.
Note: In most areas of the world, Lenovo requires the return of the defective customer replaceable unit (CRU). Information about this will come with the CRU or will come a few days after the CRU arrives.