Note: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information" in the Quick Reference that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer. To obtain copies of the Quick Reference or HMM, go to /ContentResources/Migrated Assets/think/support
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
Note: For this procedure, it helps to lay the computer on its side.
- Remove the air baffle by squeezing the two tabs 1 together and pulling it out of the chassis.
- Locate the internal speaker. See "System board diagram".
- Disconnect the speaker cable from the system board.
- Slide the internal speaker 1 upward until it is free from the metal tabs that secure it at the bottom. Then pivot the bottom of the speaker outward and remove it from the chassis.
- Position the bottom of the new internal speaker into the metal tabs and then pivot the top of the speaker inward until the it snaps into position.
- Connect the speaker cable to the system board. See "System board diagram".
- Reinstall the air baffle.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".