Hard drive removal movie
Hard drive installation movie
You can increase the storage capacity of your computer by replacing the hard drive (HD) with one of greater capacity. You can purchase a new HD from your reseller or marketing representative.
Attention: The drive is very sensitive. Incorrect handling can cause damage and permanent loss of data on the hard disk.
- Before removing the HD, make a backup copy of all the information on the drive, and then turn the computer off.
- Replace the HD only if you upgrade it or have it repaired. The connectors and bay of the HD were not designed for frequent changes, or drive swapping.
- Do not drop the drive or subject it to physical shocks.
- Put the drive on a material, such as soft cloth, that absorbs the physical shock.
- Do not apply pressure to the cover of the drive.
- Do not touch the connector.
- Never remove the drive while the system is operating, in standby mode, or in hibernation mode.
To replace the HD, do the following:
- Turn off the computer; then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the Tablet Digitizer Pen from its slot
- Remove the screw that secures the hard drive.
- Open the computer display and stand the computer on its side and remove the hard drive by pulling the cover away from the computer.
- Detach the cover from the hard disk drive by flexing the tabs (1) and pulling the cover from the drive (2).
- Attach the cover to a new hard hard drive.
- Insert the hard drive and its cover into the hard drive bay; then firmly install them.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over so that its bottom side is up.
- Reinstall the screw.
- Store the pen back in its slot.
- Reinstall the battery.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the ac adapter and the cables to the computer.
Hardware removal and installation index - ThinkPad X41 Tablet