Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the Important safety information in the Quick Reference that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer. To obtain copies of the Quick Reference or the HMM, go to /ContentResources/Migrated Assets/think/support.
To replace the memory modules:
Note: Your computer has support for four memory modules.
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal and installation".
- Pivot the drive bay assembly upward to gain access to the system board.
- Remove any parts that might prevent access to the memory connectors.
- Remove the PCI riser. See "Replacing a PCI adapter".
- Remove the memory module being replaced by opening the retaining clips as shown.
- Position the replacement memory module over the memory connector. Make sure that the notch 1 on the memory module aligns correctly with the connector key 2 on the system board. Push the memory module straight down into the memory connector until the retaining clips close.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".