Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information". You can also find this information in the Quick Reference Guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
For ThinkCentre A52 (type 8155, 8156, 8157, 8158, 8159, 8160) and M52 (type 8099, 8116, 8215, 9210, 9211) systems:
For ThinkCentre A52 (type 8289, 8298, 8328, 8341, 8344, 8382) systems:
Important: When you receive a new hard drive, you also receive a set of Product Recovery CDs. The set of Product Recovery CDs will enable you to restore the contents of the hard drive to the same state as when your computer was originally shipped from the factory.
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal and installation".
- Pivot the drive bay assembly upward to gain access to the cable connections.
- If an optical drive is installed, disconnect the signal cable from the drive to access the hard drive cables.
- Disconnect the signal and power cables from the rear of the hard drive.
- Pivot the hard drive and bracket to the rear, then pull the hard drive out of the hard drive bay by pulling on the blue handle.
- Remove the defective hard drive from the bracket by flexing the bracket.
Note: Make sure you notice the orientation of the hard drive in the blue bracket.
- Install the new drive into the blue bracket, flex the bracket, and align the pins 1 through 4 on the bracket with the holes in the hard drive. Do not touch the circuit board 5 on the bottom of the hard drive.
- Insert the new hard drive and bracket into the hard drive bay.
- Pivot the drive and bracket towards the front of the computer and snap it into position.
- Connect the signal and power cables to the drive.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".