Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information". You can also find this information in the Quick Reference Guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
For ThinkCentre A52 (type 8155, 8156, 8157, 8158, 8159, 8160) and M52 (type 8099, 8116, 8215, 9210, 9211) systems:
For ThinkCentre A52 (type 8289, 8298, 8328, 8341, 8344, 8382) systems:
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal and installation".
- Pivot the drive bay assembly upward to gain access to the cable connections.
- Disconnect the signal and power cables from the rear of the optical drive.
- Slide the optical drive lock 1 to the unlocked position.
- Open the door at the front of the optical drive and slide it out the front of the computer.
- Install the new optical drive into the bay.
- Slide the optical drive lock to the locked position.
- Place the master/slave jumper on the drive in the same position as on the drive being replaced.
- Connect the signal and power cables to the rear of the optical drive.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".